Archbishop Jonathan Blake

The Most Reverend Jonathan Blake, Presiding Archbishop of the Open Episcopal Church B.A. (Hons), Dip. Pastoral Studies. Mobile: 07767 687711 www.bishopjonathanblake.com archbishopjonathanblake@gmail.com www.openepiscopalchurch.org The Church is a member of The International Council of Community churches and the World Council of Churches. Married and a proud Dad.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Kent, United Kingdom

Gassed Tehran, seized Kabul, helped Mother Teresa, funded TB hospital, priest 1981, went Auschwitz, wrote on Parliament, convicted, began 1st inter-faith NHS chapel, 12 yrs Anglican cleric/vicar - left, baptised 1000's in homes/Mt Snowdon/at circus, wedding underwater, wrote ‘For God’s Sake Don’t Go To Church’, nailed 95 Theses 2 Canterbury cathedral, arrested, co-founded the Society for Independent Ministry, consecrated a bishop, co-founded the Open Episcopal Church, did 1st gay wedding on morning TV, sued Associated Newspapers, co-consecrated 1st women bishops 4 England,Wales,Scotland, accommodated the homeless, posted Mass/took it 2 sex workers, elected Archbishop, arrested 4 climbing with sons,founded ‘When No One’s Watching',made ICV, did Jade Goody's wedding,invited 2 Downing St, wrote 'That Old Devil Called God Again', conviction 4 campaigning against child abuse quashed on appeal, convicted 4 successful blogging 2 stop paedophile. His Christmas Lights raising £79,000 4 Water in 4 Gambian villages. Published "The Tales of Henry the Lovable Hedgehog", the SAFE New Testament + Psalms + radical Book of Common Prayer, ordained priests for UK,US,Thailand,Spain,Ireland

Friday, October 20, 2017

THE SCAM OF CAR HIRE

It's about time car hire firms were investigated. It makes the pleasant facility of being able to hire a car from a reputable provider, an awkward challenge, as one tries to identify the true comparison between hirers, with their camouflaged charges. Then there is the further indignity of being harangued to take out additional insurances and extras. It sours rather, the start of a holiday.
This is an account of our care hire experience this summer!
I was shocked by how my family and I were treated at Palma airport by Goldcar.
We arrived at 1.40 a.m. The Goldcar desk was open but they said we had to wait until 7 am because we had not paid the 40 euros extra for an out of hours car. I offered to pay the 40 euros but was told it couldn't be done. 
At 7 the Goldcar representative served us. She said that we had no insurance and should take out insurance for over 200 euros. I said we were insured in part, because it wasn't legal to drive otherwise, but we didn't want the extra insurance. She insisted it wasn't extra but the only insurance. She warned us that any scratch on the car would be charged, even if not done by us.
She then asked me to sign a screen, which I did, thinking it was related to the credit card, and then she asked me to sign a form that said the car was fine, except for three marks. I said I couldn't sign without seeing the car.
She then said suspiciously that she had to change the car for another car and I had to sign again. 
I explained that I didn't understand why she had suddenly changed our car and why I had to sign a screen again and wanted to know what she was asking me to sign. She wouldn't show me.
Then she said she would not provide the car and I would have to go elsewhere. 
Then I turned on my camera on my phone and explained that I was being asked to sign a screen that was blank and that I didn't know what I was signing, and was recording my signing as evidence of my concern at what was happening.
She then tore up my contract, said she wouldn't let me have the car and I would have to go elsewhere.
I phoned the helpline and they phoned the Goldcar desk and spoke with the woman. After the call she still refused to give me the car. I phoned the helpline back and they spoke with the woman again. She still refused to give me the car. The helpline then used my phone to speak to them and they finally agreed, letting me check for any damage on the car first.
The whole process lasted from 7 am until about 8.20.
It was most unsettling and a poor start of our holiday.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/car-hire-websites-investigated-over-hidden-charges-ctmhspvck
ARCHBISHOP JONATHAN BLAKE IS INNOCENT-HE HELPED STOP A PAEDOPHILE
http://bishopjonathanblake.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/press-release-concerning-met-police.html
"You brave, courageous and wonderful man.
To stand up for the truth in the face of suppression and oppression
is truly an act of a pure heart."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home