Archbishop Jonathan Blake

The Most Reverend Jonathan Blake, Presiding Archbishop of the Open Episcopal Church B.A. (Hons), Dip. Pastoral Studies. Mobile: 07767 687711 www.bishopjonathanblake.com archbishopjonathanblake@gmail.com www.openepiscopalchurch.org The Church is a member of The International Council of Community churches and the World Council of Churches. Married and a proud Dad.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Kent, United Kingdom

Gassed Tehran, seized Kabul, helped Mother Teresa, funded TB hospital, priest 1981, went Auschwitz, wrote on Parliament, convicted, began 1st inter-faith NHS chapel, 12 yrs Anglican cleric/vicar - left, baptised 1000's in homes/Mt Snowdon/at circus, wedding underwater, wrote ‘For God’s Sake Don’t Go To Church’, nailed 95 Theses 2 Canterbury cathedral, arrested, co-founded the Society for Independent Ministry, consecrated a bishop, co-founded the Open Episcopal Church, did 1st gay wedding on morning TV, sued Associated Newspapers, co-consecrated 1st women bishops 4 England,Wales,Scotland, accommodated the homeless, posted Mass/took it 2 sex workers, elected Archbishop, arrested 4 climbing with sons,founded ‘When No One’s Watching',made ICV, did Jade Goody's wedding,invited 2 Downing St, wrote 'That Old Devil Called God Again', conviction 4 campaigning against child abuse quashed on appeal, convicted 4 successful blogging 2 stop paedophile. His Christmas Lights raising £79,000 4 Water in 4 Gambian villages. Published "The Tales of Henry the Lovable Hedgehog", the SAFE New Testament + Psalms + radical Book of Common Prayer, ordained priests for UK,US,Thailand,Spain,Ireland

Saturday, April 04, 2009

THE WEDDING BLESSING OF JADE GOODY AND JACK TWEED

God is love and those who live in Love live in God and God lives in them. ( I John)

It was a casual look across a nightclub, a meandering walk to a piano bar,
jugs of drink and a special song; just those fragile and whimsical happenings, that let stardust settle upon your two hearts to change your world.

And so not for you both, on earth alone, do you wish this wedding to be blessed, but in heaven too.

So, hush awhile, and lets create that rainbow bridge; lets cut through with a subtle knife,
by prayer, by grace, to that other world, Oh so near and radiant with light, brimming with love
a paradise awaiting:

Song:

Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in his wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow
strangely dim
In the light of his glory and grace.
( Helen Lemmel 1922 )

Jade, Jack, let me bear you some romantic words, for you to each other:

I love you ever and ever and without reserve. The more I have known you the more I have loved you.
(John Keats)

When I see you, then I feel well again; When you open your eyes, my body is whole again.
(Ancient Egyptian)

I am never away from you. In another world I shall still be the one who loves you, loves you beyond measure, beyond….
(Edmond Rostand)

YOUR WORDS

We chatted together this week. But of all the reasons you shared with me as to why you love each other, none spoke more eloquently than this one. That when you are with each other
you feel complete, you feel safe.

As though the half of you had met its whole. As though that illusive missing part had been discovered. As though, at last, you had found your way home.

READING

So these words are for you, unique special people, as you give your all to each other today.

The life that I have
Is all that I have
The life that I have is yours
The love that I have
Of the life that I have is yours and
yours and yours
A sleep I shall have
A rest I shall have
Yet death it will be but a pause
For the peace of my years
In the long green grass
Will be yours and yours and yours
( By Leo Marks: 1943 )

ROY TEN READ FROM 1 CORINTHIANS 13

A READING FROM KEVIN ADAMS

Being with you this week, watching you gaze at one another, vulnerable, tender, giggling, teasing, cheeky; THAT you love one another deeply was vivid, tangible.
So let here then become for you an oasis, a mountain height, a sacred space, a healing garden, a songbird’s theme, within which now to give your hearts.

JACK’S VOW

No-one
has touched my life
like you
No-one
can compare
with you
No-one else
has made my heart leap
and my soul dance
Nor set my mind
alight with joy
In your presence
I have found my rest,
My home and my self.
In your arms,
I have known such peace.
Today I give myself to you
I am yours
And ever shall it be.

JADE’S VOW

You are so handsome to me.
You are my life,
My light,
My hope
And my joy.
I will treasure you.
I will cherish you.
I will be
utterly devoted to you
Through the laughter
and the tears
Through the darkness
and the light
I will be
your eternal love
Your constant companion
Your closest friend
Pledging to you
my deepest commitment
And this is
my solemn vow.

RINGS –

O God of Heaven
By your blessing let these
bands of gold, be to Jade and Jack
symbols of unending love, always to
encircle and enfold their lives.

- Jack give Jade her ring and say whatever you choose.

- Jade give Jack his ring and say whatever you choose.

PLACING OF THE STOLE

Let these hands, as your hearts, as your lives, that God this day has joined together, never be put asunder.

CANDLE LIGHTING

Each of you is a single light shining within this world
(and your light Jade has scattered the darkness and sent the shadows fleeing)
Light then these your candles
Today these lives now joined create a torch of love, burning bright. Let it be symbolised here in the lighting of this wedding candle.And let this flame be rekindled each year, every anniversary, a hand on earth, a hand from heaven; one light, one everlasting love.

PRAYER

O God of love; the one who creates, rescues and empowers, hold now Jade and Jack, Freddy and Bobby in your everlasting care. Be their light, their comfort, their faith and their hope. May each dawn be precious, each day intimate, every moment savoured. May each sunset only ever harbour the promise of another day, on this or a more golden shore, and may, the blessing of
the all loving God, rest upon you, embrace you, and infill you, now and for evermore. Amen

DECLARATION

Here before us, Jade and Jack have embarked upon a unique journey. Their love will take them beyond the borders, across unknown continents, to whole new worlds beyond, but today we are with them, a whole nation and far beyond, beside them and loving them. So now is the time of joy and celebration, laughter, affection and of dreams come true.

For today Jade and Jack have been blessed by God as Husband and Wife.

You may kiss one another.

Copyright: Bishop Jonathan Blake

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home